Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

new day, new inspiration - new chapter . . .


8:30 am . . . I wake after eleven and a half hours sleep. It is pitch black in the cupboard I currently reside in. I open the door to blinding sunlight! I check my bank account and pay day has finally arrived. It is my day off, and what a way to begin the day! I throw on my gym gear and run out the door. I am hit with the freezing cold air – but today I don’t care. I run down the street, avoiding the potholes, cracks and other un even obstacles and break out into the park. The squirrels are running around, the leaves are turning a golden shade and the sky is blue. I enjoy the chance to stretch my legs, raise my heart rate and embrace the energy I feel returning to my body.

The past few months have been unusual.  As my tan fades, the cold sets in and the final rays of sunshine disappear, it took with it my inspiration and energy. London life, slowly but surely has sapped me of energy. However, today is a new day!!! My inspiration is coming back, my energy levels are rising at a rapid rate, and I am buzzing with new ideas, new plans and excitement that I haven’t felt in a long time. I rush home, and jump back into my writing, so much to come and so much to catch up on first!!

Over the past few months of busy tube stations, people rushing and pushing their way to get to their deadlines, uneven foot paths that wait as I walk past in 6 inch heels and attack so my ankles are in a constant twisted state – I feel the life being slowly sucked out of me. London, for me , is an unusual place. The history is amazing, the old buildings are beautiful, there is a strange energy about the city and always something to do or be done. There is the theatre in which to enjoy classic plays, opera, ballet and comedies. The street performers entertain the masses at every few metres of footpath. Harrods and Harvey nicks, filled with beautiful sparkling gifts, fashion and omg the shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The park near my home with the beautiful trees, the leaves dancing through the air forming crunchy piles on the ground, the small busy squirrels like moving soft toys, busying themselves with their chesnuts as I run past, breathing in the fresh cold air. Even amongst all this beauty, excitement and joy – something is off.

For me,  I seem to pick up on the strong presence of negative energy. Nothing too visible to the naked eye. I have been around negativity in life, everyone has - however, the energy that hangs in the air seems to slowly creep in. Slowly and without notice it begins to sap the positive energy, steal inspiration and excitement and replace it with a grey feeling. Without even realising, my energy stores had been emptied.
Over my time here I have experienced some amazing places, history, scenery and met some great people. It has been something that I needed to do. A life long dream and goal now accomplished. The things I have learnerd about myself and the growth that has happened over the journey is amazing and something I will cherish. The gratitude I have for my friends, family and the support they have shown is overwhelming. And now, I return home to Australia knowing I have done what I have needed to do in order to open a new page and begin an exciting new chapter in this adventure we call life…..

So the next few posts shall be catch up blogs of my travels, new travels to come and the next chapter in life 



No comments:

Post a Comment